Challenges to implementing a CAS Practice
While Client Advisory Services (CAS) offer significant revenue opportunities, there are challenges to a successful implementation.
Only about 15% of firms say they are “very satisfied” with the financial and operational performance of their client accounting services, and 40 percent are merely “satisfied.”
Many firms are trying a mix of strategies to sort out the new service line pricing.
- 32% of firms are billing by the hour,
- 28% are experimenting with value-pricing,
- 43% are charging flat rates or fixed fees, a
- 36% are trying a mix of pricing strategies.
Many firms follow traditional marketing techniques to develop CAS business.
- 50% – proactively seeking referrals
- 48% – relying on their websites
- 35% – using old-fashioned networking for new business
- 15% – investing in SEO
- 12% – going to social media and influencers
- 11% – developing content marketing and thought-leadership campaigns
- 8% – “assigned a specific person” to take the lead
What challenges has your firm faced in implementing your CAS practice?
Yann is Accsurant’s president. With 20 years experience and six different technology startups behind him, Yann has a proven track record in developing innovative solutions based on his technology and financial acumen.