We understand what makes NPO accounting different
Accounting firms who serve NPO clients face special challenges:
- Most NPOs run lean operations where every cent counts. Pricing work for NPOs must be accurate and time spent on delivery must be carefully tracked to ensure margins are maintained.
- NPOs are highly regulated entities that also face tight scrutiny from demanding stakeholders like boards, donors, and grant givers. This means frequent financial reporting with complex requirements.
- For many NPOs, grants and other restricted funds are important sources of revenue. Ensuring these funds are used appropriately and that money is fully utilized requires careful, and time-intensive monitoring.
- Your NPO clients will benefit from strategic and financial advice, which you can only give if you have a solid grasp of, and trust in the underlying numbers.
- Finding qualified accounting staff is difficult under any circumstances. Finding qualified staff with nonprofit expertise is doubly so.
We understand the challenges you face in serving your NPO clients. We are experts in helping accounting firms deliver outsourced accounting services to this specialized sector.
Non-profit Services we offer
- 941 Reconciliations
- Form 990, 990-EZ, 990-T and 990-PF preparation
- Bureau of Labor Statistics reports
- Functional Expense Statements
Accurate, timely and easily read financial reporting is essential for NPOs; not only for ensuring compliance but for demonstrating to stakeholders how well they are filling their missions. We help our clients prepare and manage:
- Annual budget and regular budget updates
- Monthly financial statements
- Functional expense statements
- Analysis for restricted funds
Managing restricted funds is time consuming and painful. We help our clients through:
- Ensure all expenses are properly allocated to appropriate funds as part of normal bookkeeping and accounting processes
- Reporting on fund usage as part of monthly financial statements
- Analysis on time-restricted funds to ensure all monies are fully utilized.
Accurate and timely accounting services provide you with the numbers you need to advise your clients. We help our clients:
- Record monthly bank transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Account reconciliations
- Track donations
- Manage fixed assets
- Record payroll transactions
Our Audit Preparation services include:
- Pre-audit planning and project management
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, fixed assets, accrued and prepaid expenses
- Preparation, analysis, and updating of audit workpapers and schedules
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Evaluation of revenue and expenditure accounts
- Preparation of draft financial statements and accompanying footnote disclosures
- Assistance with external auditor requests and communications
How We Work
Our clients receive scalable dedicated teams for bookkeeping, accounting and financial analysis delivered through an easy to use work management platform. Our teams work as seamless extensions of your own and are 100% dedicated to working on your accounts.
Efficient, effective practices for hiring, training and retaining highly qualified offshore teams.
Metrics driven monitoring to ensure goals are met for efficiency, quality and profitability.
We deliver the accounting talent you need to impress your clients, at the margins you need to grow your business, with none of the headaches of managing your own staff.
- Stability: We’re a subsidiary of MResult, an American company based in Connecticut with 16 years of experience delivering knowledge-based teams to Fortune 500 companies
- Reliability: Our turnover rate is less than half of the industry average
- Partnership: A true partner that is willing to share the risk by starting small and growing your team as needed.
- Process: A proven method for improving margin and operations for Outsourced Accounting Practices